Tuesday 3 July 2012

Twined-Up Hair Accessories!

Hello! I've been experimenting again!

 My latest little twine project has been to decorate some hair accessories. It was so simple, and I loved the effect! The first was a twine-covered alice band (head band). 


What's harder than making a twine-covered headband?

Taking a photo of a two-year-old wearing said headband!

To make it, I bought a cheap alice band, covered it with double-sided sticky tape on the outside and wrapped my chosen twine around it, using glue on the underside as I went along. 
Easy! And I love it! 

The next hair accessory was a hair clip. For this one, I plaited three twines together (Felicity, Jewel and Phoebe), covered a clip with double-sided sticky tape on the top and laid the plaits along the top, using a little glue here and there. Then I brought the ends under and used my trusty hot glue gun to keep the ends in place. 


I really like this one, it looks perfect for this cold weather.
What do you think?

Until next time,
Angie. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment