Friday 24 August 2012

A Paper and Twine Daffodil Day



"This  Daffodil Day, Friday 24th August, every daffodil and every donation grows hope. Hope for better treatments, hope for more survivors and hope for a cancer-free future. Help us beat cancer."

I felt inspired to make my own daffodils this Daffodil Day. I made a pinwheel for the main flower. Do you know how to make a pinwheel?


Cut a square of cardstock, any size you like. Then fold it into a triangle, and a triangle again. Open it up and cut along those lines, almost to the middle. Now you have four sections. Take one corner of each section and bring it in to the middle. I first punch a small hole in those corners and secure my pinwheel with a brad (the orange circles in the middle of my daffodils).

You've just made a pinwheel. Pinwheels are fun!


I added a brighter yellow small paper flower for the centre of the daffodil.

I used green straws to make the stems. I punched a hole in the straw, then took the brad all the way through and secured the whole lot together.

And for the daffodil at the front, I added a Whimsy Farm Twine Jemima bow, and wrapped the stem with Whimsy Farm Twine Tabitha.


For some added colour, I made some Jemima and Clementine twine pom poms.


And a cheerful polka dot yellow ribbon finished it off!


If you'd like to make a donation to the Cancer Council in Australia this Daffodil Day, please visit the
 Daffodil Day website.

Until next time,
Angie. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment